Friday, December 20, 2013

Scar Treatment Update

Now that my skin is completely clear of acne, I'm focusing on scar healing.  I was at a bit of an impasse of what I should try first and I'm also on a tight budget.  I've tried using honey in the past when my face was still having breakouts, but I've heard honey only works if you get the high grade raw kind which can be pretty expensive and slightly hard to find.  I started looking into other remedies and also seeing if I might possess something that could get the process started.  Luckily enough  I had some tea tree oil lying around.  Some research later and I discovered that others are already trying tea tree oil for scar treatment.  Hence, the experiment begins.

Warnings and Applications:
Tea tree oil by itself is very strong and fragrant.  It can irritate your skin if you don't dilute it with another carrier oil or water.  I add a drop to my Shea butter and almond oil mixture.  I massage the oils into my face and splash with water in the shower.  If my skin happens to look overly oily, I dab it with a paper towel and I'm good to go for the rest of the day.  I do this once a day in the morning.  I also pay close attention to my skin.  If my face looks even and well moisturized, I leave it alone.  No need to mess with a good thing.  On the other hand, if my skin looks dry and malnourished I will now use the Shea Butter, almond oil and tea tree oil mixture.

No comments:

Post a Comment