Tuesday, December 31, 2013

1 Month Scar Treatment Update Plus How to Survive The Winter Months

It's been a little under a month since I started using tea tree oil on my face and there have been a few noticeable changes. First, my face as a whole looks more alive and vibrant. The addition of TTO to my "regimen" has helped minimize my pores, making my skin look clearer. The other things I noticed could be signs of possible negative effects or healing. Only time will tell.

The first of those possible negatives is that upon close inspection my skin looks uneven. My cheeks, nose and forehead are a few shades darker than the rest of my facial areas.  They look a little dry almost as if a scar is covering those areas. This could mean one of two things.  The TTO is drying out my skin or my skin is trying to heal itself in those areas. 

The last noticeable change to my skin is that a couple of pimples have popped up since starting the treatment.  These pimples are always tiny and typically go away in one to two days. This could be a sign of skin agitation from the addition of TTO or my face trying to purge bacteria. 

All of my observations have lead me to believe that it is safe to use TTO. It hasn't caused much noticeable difference yet, but it also hasn't caused noticeable damage.  I will continue to monitor the results from continued use and modify my regimen as needed.

P.S.

How to Survive The Winter Months


Following the Caveman Regimen exactly can be tough, especially in the Winter months when skin is very dry and flaky.  How I survive the chill is by moisturizing daily with a natural oil or butter.  I used to use organic moisturizers and they worked well, but over time I started to use simpler products.  Listen to your skin.  If it looks dry protect it with a moisturizer.  I usually apply Shea Butter right after my shower while my skin is still damp to lock in the moisture.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment