Sunday, January 5, 2014

Great Moisturizers for The Winter Months

I have tested each of these moisturizers at some point in time. Each of them have different ingredients and the right moisturizer for everyone will vary. The ones that I lean toward are good for dry to normal skin.

Oil-based Moisturizers:

Shea Butter


Shea Butter is thick and varies in color between white and yellow.  I usually add it as the base for my regimen because it provides protection and gives the whole mixture a good consistency.
Price: 5.00 USD

Sweet Almond Oil

Sweet Almond Oil is a good oil for sealing in moisture.  I typically mix it with Shea Butter. Otherwise, it is too thin.
Price: 10.00 USD


Olive Oil

Olive Oil is also great for sealing in the moisture.  I would use it in the same way I use almond oil.  It is a less expensive option
Price: 5.00 USD



Commercial Organic Moisturizers:

Avalon Organics Vitamin C Cream

Avalon Organics Renewal Cream is a creamy, thick moisturizer.  It is great for protecting against the elements.  Buy it in places like Rite Aid to avoid shipping costs.
Cost: 12.99 USD



Burt's Bees Radiance Cream

Burt's Bee Radiance Night Cream is good for use at night, keeping your face moisturized all day and night.  This one is a little more pricey, but has great quality
Cost: 17.99 USD 

No comments:

Post a Comment